Turbo expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

A girl became blind from a totally preventable situation.

contact-lens-eye-
A 23-year-old Taiwanese student (Lian Kao)  became blind from a totally preventable situation. Lian wore a pair of disposable contact lenses for six month without ever removing them even once, according to a report in The Daily Mail.
As a result, a microscopic bug was able to grow in the space between the lens and the cornea and eventually devoured the surface of the eyeball. Extraordinarily, she never removed the lenses for cleaning at any time during the six months.

Apart from regular cleaning, lenses are supposed to be removed when swimming or washing and should ideally not be worn for more than eight hours a day.

Kao did not follow these instructions, and when they removed the lenses, doctors were horrified to discover that the eye surface had been literally eaten away by the tiny amoeba trapped underneath.
  Post your Comments here!

add

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ZAR