29/05/2014

Man strapped for cash, finds bag filled with $125,000 and turns it in to police

Joe Cornell is in the Salvation Army rehabilitation program and he volunteers with the organization. (KMPH)

A Fresno, California man without much money of his own, recently found a bag filled with $125,000 and turned it in to the police.
 

As reported by KMPH Fox 26, Joe Cornell is in the Salvation Army rehabilitation program and was volunteering at the Downtown Fresno location when he made the big find. Joe recounted, “I was watering my plants here, my trees, when an armored car stopped right here on the corner and I thought it was kinda strange. Another car pulled up on side of [the armored car driver], yelling at him. I heard him yelling, ‘Hey you dropped something.’” The Brink’s car kept driving. Curious, Cornell said, “I looked up the street there decided to go investigate and I walked out here a little ways, just past the bridge and found a bag and there was bags of, money sticking out of it so I opened the bag and it was full of money.” The orange bag contained not just cash, but also checks.

Mr. Cornell’s determination helped him make the decision. “I'm trying to get my life together, you know so I want them to be proud of me," the honest man said. Indeed, Cornell’s family was proud of him. His wife spoke to KMPH and said that “she burst into tears” because she was so proud of what her husband did.

So far, there has been no news of a reward or thank you for Mr. Cornell’s honorable action. The station tried to speak to a Brink’s representative but their email messages have not been returned.


What do you think about his action? would you have done the same thing??

Post your Comments here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

10 Awesome Widgets to Try on Your Android Phone.

One way Android remains unique from other popular mobile phone operating systems is its embrace of app widgets. Widgets on your home screen...