21/09/2013

Chris Brown says he gets a thug pass: vs Jay Z in new interview,



In the latest issue of Jet magazine Chris Brown wonders why Jay Z gets a pass for stabbing someone and selling drugs but he doesn't get a pass for beating the heck out of Rihanna.

Chris Brown tells Jet magazine...

“No disrespect, because I’m a fan, but nobody brings up the fact that [Jay Z] stabbed somebody and sold drugs. He gets a pass.”

In 2001, Jay Z got three years probation for stabbing record producer, Lance 'Un' Rivera, for leaking his album Vol.3...Life and Times of S. Carter one month before its release date. Jay Z explained what happened that night.

But first, more from Chris Brown's Jet magazine interview

On his relationships with Karrueche Tran and Rihanna:
"Relationships are the most difficult part. That’s why I was honest with those two girls and I put out that video. My ex and I broke up because of the “situation” and she had moved on. I fell in love with another girl. Then my ex came back, so it was like, 'What is a man to do?' I told them both the truth. I didn’t do the sucker role."
Read the full interview when the issue hits stands Monday, Sept. 23.

On the media:
“The media is full of yellow journalism. A lot of things I say, they will flip it. Instead of them getting off on all the positive stuff that I do, they will bring out the negative and draw out that story.”

On the media:
“The media is full of yellow journalism. A lot of things I say, they will flip it. Instead of them getting off on all the positive stuff that I do, they will bring out the negative and draw out that story.”
***

Now to Jay Z. In an excerpt from Jay Z's new book, Decoded, he explains what happened the night he stabbed record producer Lance "Un" Rivera.

From the NY Post

He says he was infuriated because someone had leaked a bootleg copy of “Vol. 3 . . . Life and Times of S. Carter” more than a month before the release date of the album.

When he asked who was behind the leak, everyone kept repeating the same name: Rivera.

When Jay-Z saw him at rapper Q-Tip’s album release party at the Kit Kat Klub, he confronted him. Rivera “got real loud with me right there in the middle of the club,” Jay-Z writes, “It was strange. We separated and I went over to the bar . . . I was . . . in a state of shock . . . I headed back over to him, but this time I was blacking out with anger.”

After this, chaos ensued in the club, “That night the guy went straight to the police and I was charged with assault.”

He says he decided to plead guilty after watching Puff Daddy’s trial on weapons violations that same year. Puffy was acquitted, and Jay-Z says he feared the state would be harder on him after failing to convict his friend.

“The hilarious thing,” he writes, “if any of this can be considered funny, is that the Rocawear bubble coat I was wearing when they paraded me in front of the cameras started flying off the shelves the last three weeks before Christmas.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

10 Awesome Widgets to Try on Your Android Phone.

One way Android remains unique from other popular mobile phone operating systems is its embrace of app widgets. Widgets on your home screen...