13/07/2013

5 Bible Verses That Helped Me Get Closer To God



Revelation 21:8

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

John 14:15

If ye love me, keep my commandments.
Shortly after I was saved, God began to work on my heart to be a preacher of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I was 16 years old and I had just been saved a few months. I wanted to know God’s plan for my life, but I didn’t want to admit that His plan was for me to preach His Word. After seeing another young man answer God’s call, I began to see myself preaching. With this overwhelming thought of standing and preaching, I was scared and did not  want to give up my plans for life.

2 Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Matthew 6:5-7

And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

Daniel 10:16-19

And, behold, one like the similitude of the sons of men touched my lips: then I opened my mouth, and spake, and said unto him that stood before me, O my lord, by the vision my sorrows are turned upon me, and I have retained no strength. For how can the servant of this my lord talk with this my lord? for as for me, straightway there remained no strength in me, neither is there breath left in me. Then there came again and touched me one like the appearance of a man, and he strengthened me, And said, O man greatly beloved, fear not: peace be unto thee, be strong, yea, be strong. And when he had spoken unto me, I was strengthened, and said, Let my lord speak; for thou hast strengthened me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

10 Awesome Widgets to Try on Your Android Phone.

One way Android remains unique from other popular mobile phone operating systems is its embrace of app widgets. Widgets on your home screen...